Monday, May 2, 2011

Thoughts For Today


Today I remember those we have lost in this war... and why it all began.  I'm very proud of our military.  My heart & prayers are with them and their families.  Thank you for your many sacrifices.  Today we feel some justice has been served for those lost in the 9/11 attacks and since that horrible day.   Even with the heartbreak of losing a friend in this war, I'm not celebrating.  Am I glad this terrorist is no longer hurting innocent people?  Yes, I am relieved.  Yet I think about one thing.  When we lost our loved ones, they cheered & celebrated.  It makes me sick to think of them celebrating our loved ones deaths.

No matter how innocent or evil, is it okay to celebrate a death?

I'll leave you with a powerful quote that has been floating around Facebook this evening...
‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-- Full Quote from Unknown Source, portions taken from MLK's "Where Do We Go From Here" speech.





No comments:

Post a Comment