Wednesday, November 7, 2012

3 Something AM

Last night was long and tiring.  Before you get ahead of yourself, it was not because of the election.  My oldest son woke up around 3somethingAM feeling sick.  Feeling turned into being.  If you are a parent, you realize what that means.  Sleep was broken as I took care of my not-a-baby-anymore boy.

As he was drifting off at one point, I held him close and stopped to appreciate the moment.  O is no longer a baby, not a toddler, and growing quickly towards being a pre-teen, but he still needs me.  When your children get to be a certain age, the cuddles come less often.  It's hard not to miss it.  Even so, there isn't a second that I'd wish for my kids to be sick.  Yet comforting him made me smile and gave me comfort as well

I adore my sons and am happy to see them growing into such wonderful young men.  My prayers continue for their present and future, as well as gratitude for the blessings that they have been from the day I realized that I carried them.  Being a mom is worth all of the sleepless nights.

1 comment:

  1. We've been battling the same thing in our house lately! Go away yucky sickies! Do love the snuggles though:-)

    ReplyDelete