Monday, April 4, 2011

Could Be Better. Could Be Worse.

"Could be better. Could be worse, though, too." 
- Noah Calhoun, The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

A quote from one of Nicholas Sparks' most loved characters has been on my mind for months.  I've been doing my best to look on the bright side and see the glass half full through all of the bumps in the road.  Occasionally the glass gets jostled and the clouds cover some of that sunshine, but all in all I put my focus on the positive.  

You see, we've dealt with one sickness after the next in our house for the entire winter season.  Now that Spring has sprung, or so says the calendar even if mother nature isn't in complete agreement yet, we are still battling fevers, sinus issues, and random other unhealthy symptoms.  My physical exhaustion may or may not be noticeable at this time.  I won't lie, it's been rough and it feels never ending.  This is where Noah Calhoun comes in.

Our family good health rating could most definitely be better.  How very true that is.  However, it could be much worse.  Nobody likes to "let it work it's way out of your system" when sick, but it's generally easier than taking prescriptions and medicines non stop.  We aren't in the hospital.  Thank you Heavenly Father for that.  We aren't facing a life threatening illness.  Immense thank you's to God on this one as well.  Currently we are on Spring Break from school, so my oldest son can rest without worrying that he's missing something important in the classroom this week.   Amen!

I can honestly say that I'd rather be healthy than sick.  Yes.  It could be better.  Could be worse, though, too.   Count your blessings through the good times and bad... positive lesson learned.  We are blessed even when we aren't feeling our best.  Although, that doesn't mean I will give up our continued prayers for good health throughout the rest of the year.  

Put it in perspective, stay positive, & have faith.

Where in your life do you need to put things in perspective, lean towards the positive, & keep the faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment