Monday, April 18, 2011

The Heart of CMOM Productions

What is CMOM Productions?  Since this blog began, I've been learning the ropes and finding my niche.  My blogging description has always been:

CMOM Productions is all about my thoughts, experiences, and other randomness in my life that are currently in production. From my struggles and triumphs as a wife and mom of 2 boys, to my own personal goals and dreams, and everything frontwards, backwards, sideways, and in between! Welcome to my blog, my name is Melinda Marie.  

While it's not set in stone, Mondays are geared towards writing about experiences in this life.  Do I write for a fan base?  Ummm, no.  Many of my readers are considered friends (such as fellow bloggers)  and family, not fans.  On Monday, CMOM Productions is more of an outlet for my reflective focus.

When Friday rolls around I showcase another side to my personality.  My crafty sense is revealed via Stampin' Out The Work Week.  I'm a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, but I'm more than that (actually Stampin' Up is much more than stamps too).  "I'm a Craft-a-holic" should be stamped on my sleeve.  Don't be surprised if you find out that glitter and acid free adhesive flow through my veins.

CMOM Productions is more than just a blog name to me.  It's my family.  In fact, our initials (in age order) are C M O M.  From our crafting, to our crazy adventures, to our everyday life, our productions are what makes this blog.  My family is the heart of CMOM Productions.

It is with great joy that I share our latest moments...  
On Sunday, August, 17, 2011, my two boys asked Jesus into their hearts!

When another explanation of communion was requested after church, I didn't expect that my boys would understand it all at that moment.  After communicating our remembrance and reflection of Jesus' suffering and acceptance of it and God's gift to us, some of the most precious words were spoken.  My youngest, with the joy shown only by a child, piped up with the words "I want Jesus in my heart forever!"  My oldest son responded with the same, while his eyes showed that he was deeply pondering the sacrifice by Jesus.  His thoughtfulness was not hesitation though, but of understanding.  The reality of what our Savior did for us seemed to sit on his heart.  Knowledge of Easter's miracle quickly followed his statement.  While my boys have heard this story from the time they were babies, the amazement in their expressions is nothing short of heart warming.  After both boys explained their understanding of what being a Christian meant, both said a special prayer.

My heart is filled with such joy and gratefulness.  A mother's prayers for her children are unending.  Yet, God answered two very special prayers of mine that began as soon as I knew I was expecting each child.

"Tonight I'll count my blessings,
I'm thankful for each one.
Then close my eyes and go to sleep,
Until tomorrow comes."
-From "Thank You, God" by Holly Bea

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16


No comments:

Post a Comment