I'm a happy girl
That the sweetest thing that you'll ever see
In the whole wide world
is a happy girl
--Martina McBride "Happy Girl"
As previously mentioned, I was honored by the wonderful Marybeth with 2 blog awards! Thank you MB! I will focus on The Happy Award today -- who couldn't use a dose of happy on a Monday -- and The Circle of Friends Award on Wednesday. According to the rules of The Happy Award, I must first list 10 things that make me happy followed by 10 blogs that make me happy.
10 Things That Make Me Happy
(in random order)
1. Random thoughts! Such as the fact that I can't stop thinking about the movie 10 Things I Hate About You right now. I tend to have a lot of random thoughts. Including, when my husband is talking about something and I randomly start singing a song in my head, okay sometimes out loud, that I feel goes with what he has to say. It's a gift!
2. My husband makes me insanely happy. Seriously! I really do like & love him! -- Don't let this go to your head dear. -- I'm a very lucky lady!
3. My boys certainly fill my life with joy. Yes, the stress, frustration, and frazzling moments go along with that joy, but I wouldn't trade them for all the chocolate in the world.
4. Crafts! From scrapbooking, to sewing, to painting, etc. I love crafts! My life is better because I craft!
5. Singing always makes me happy! Listening to, dancing to, and playing music also puts a bounce in my step. The world would be a sad place without good tunes.
6. Organization makes me happy. Honestly, it does. When I know where my belongings go, I never get worked up trying to find something. Everything doesn't always end up in the right place (I do have 2 boys), but it makes me happy when there is a place for everything and everything in it's place.
7. Ikea, Target, Hobby Lobby, Pages In Time scrapbooking store, JoAnns, Michaels... I'm sure you get the idea. My favorite stores are bound to put a big smile on my face.
8. Disney! The magic of Disney makes me so happy that I could start dancing right now! I love the parks, the characters, and practically everything about Disney! Meeting my husband in Disney World only sweetens the deal!
9. If you hadn't noticed yet, I LOVE books. I can pick up a great paperback and get completely sucked into a good story. How can that not make people happy?
10. God! The fact that I know He will never leave me 'nor forsake me is a perfect reason to be ecstatic!
10 Blogs That Make Me Happy
(in random order)
My personal disclaimer: There are many blogs that make me happy, but not all of them are listed here. A number of those blogs are personal friends of mine who don't blog for the world to see. The following blogs make me happy for various reasons. Thanks for sharing your experiences, your insight, your humor, your inspirations, and your stories everyone! Even when I don't leave a comment, I keep reading your blogs. P.S. Pass it on!
1. Desperately Searching for my Inner Mary Poppins - Marybeth
2. Cake Wrecks
3. That's What I'm Here For - Diane Estrella
4. Scrapbooking Blogs - I can't pick just one! I randomly search and peruse crafty blogs often.
5. Previously Known As Meg's Diary- Meg Cabot
6. Jill Kemerer
10. The Write Worship - Tamika
Now, get your Monday moving with Martina McBride's Happy Girl!
What makes you happy on a Monday?