Monday, February 8, 2010

The Great Debate: PC vs Mac

Hello!  I'm a PC and I'm a Mac.  Yes, you read that correctly.  This past Friday, we officially became the proud owners of an iMac.  My handy dandy laptop is a PC, a HP to be exact, so I'm a officially classified as a PC and a Mac.

A long long time ago, okay it was January, our desktop computer became moody.  We went about our usual routine, pushing the buttons to turn on the brain and the monitor, and then something horrible happened.  Maybe I should say that not much of anything happened.  Our friendly monitor informed us that it did not have a connection.  Wait! What?  The blue button is lit on the computer tower, so what's going on?  Furthermore, why did this have to happen while my computer savvy husband is at work?!?  

When my husband returned home from work, he attempted  a number of "fix it" solutions.  After these failed to work, and the problem was researched endlessly, the hunt for a replacement began.  Throughout this time, our computer made it clear that it would turn on only when it was good and ready to turn on.  Oh you need me?  It would say.  Tough cookies!  Finally we decided that the next time our computer booted up, we would leave it on until a replacement could be made.  It only shut down on me once during that time.

As indecision is practically our last name, we took a lengthy amount of time to determine what would replace our malfunctioning computer.  My husband came up with our options and asked me to check them out.  I'll be honest with you.  I told him I would give my input and thoughts on the matter, but ultimately the decision was up to him.

A nearby store held the computers that my husband had his eyes on, so we set out to spend time playing with the technology on display.  When we entered, a large black backdrop featuring an illuminated white apple icon caught our eye.  Ooooh!!! Pretty!!!  Clearly the Mac section became our first destination.  After spending more time than absolutely necessary, we went into the aisle full of PCs.  We perused the mostly black and silver contraptions slowly and gradually.  Then my eyes caught sight of a lonely iMac and it sucked me in.

By the time we left the store, I only had eyes for Mac.  However, I felt I shouldn't fully disclose my true feelings to C.  When it came time to discuss our opinions, mine were shared in the most subtle manner.  Obviously, I wasn't the only one who was tumbling head over heels leaning towards becoming a Mac, as we are now the proud owners of one.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Hello!  I'm a PC and I'm a Mac!

What kind of computer do you have?  If you have an iMac, would you consider switching to a PC?  If you have a PC, would you consider switching to the iMac?  Do you rely on a laptop, desktop, or both?  Are you a fan of the PC and/or the Mac?  Most importantly, do you love the slightly nerdy Mac rep from the commercials as much as I do?

Happy Monday!  

*****

Library Challenge Progress Report
1 BINGO completed!
Books Read:  6 of 16 (& 1 in progress)
Days Left to Read:  52

4 comments:

  1. I still have a PC. Don't really like Mac...

    Hope you'll join me for how "Cupid Shot Me" day at my bog www.dianeestrella.com :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I'd do without my laptop. I lug it around the house so that now it's practically another body part! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane- switching to the Mac takes some getting used to. I do love both PC & Mac though.

    Jody- My laptop is rarely touched by anyone but me, and I completely understand about it feeling like another body part. lol

    MB- Come over and play with our Mac. :)

    ReplyDelete