Monday, February 22, 2010

Playing Catch Up


I don't know about you, but I find that my life is a constant cycle of playing catch up.  For instance, this current school year has been interrupted by many sick days for my sons.  As most of you know, when your children aren't feeling well you put off the general household duties (and extra items on your "to do" list) as you tend to your ailing offspring.  When it comes to my boys, I've noticed that they are always a few days different in their illness cycle.  Which means an even longer period of time where progress on personal projects is placed on the back burner.  Should I even mention the extra work that comes with sick kids?  When everyone is finally healthy, the most pressing responsibilities come first.  Lately it seems as though I'm barely caught up with those chores before someone is once again in need or feverish.

Believe it or not, my sons have been sick for the past 2 weeks!  First O was hit with the sickies, then M.  My boys are now healthy, and I'm praying they stay that way!  It's hard to see your children not feeling well.  I put my kids needs first, even though I've avoided some of the personal projects I need to accomplish.  No matter what, my boys are more important than the never ending "to do" list.

For those of you who blog, you may have noticed my lack of comments in recent weeks.  I have yet to catch up on the every day responsibilities around my home and I'm already exhausted.  Over the next week, I'm hoping to find a few extra moments to comment on your blogs.  My own blogs may be simple, short, and sweet for a while.



**********
My Reading Challenge Update:
TWO BINGOS COMPLETE!
Next Up:  Blackout BINGO (entire sheet)
9/16 Total Books Read
1 Book In Progress
7 Total Books Left to Read 
38 Read Days Left

**********
Coming Wednesday:  A blog award from Jill Kemerer
THANKS JILL!  I <3 your blog!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your kids have been sick. Life tends to fall apart at those times. It's hard to do the basics, but tending to those sweethearts is the best thing you can do. You won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my full sympathy. I have three kids and when more than one of them is sick, life is chaos. Nothing gets done. Hang in there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad they are finally healthy! Now just to get my husband and Kayla healthy. sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jill! :) I'm glad I am able to stop and just take care of my boys when they are sick. Not everyone is lucky enough to do so without having to struggle with bosses.

    Shannon- Chaos is right! lol This entire school year just seems completely chaotic. :)

    MB- I'm hoping that everyone is healthy again at your house!

    ReplyDelete