Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Almost Wordless Wednesday: Photo, Snap, Shot


During the library reading challenge this past Winter, I discovered the Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-N-Craft Mystery books by Joanna Campbell Slan.  The series quickly made it to my favorite reads list.  As soon as book number 3 became available in the library's system, I placed my hold.  Monday,  "Photo, Snap, Shot" was placed upon that glorious hold cart just for me.  I could swear brilliant light shone upon this brand new unread copy as I approached.  The yet uncreased cover of the the book made me feel as though I'd won a prize.  My selection was checked out and I was on my way home in no time, hoping for some free time to read.  There is much happening around me at the moment, unfinished projects, incomplete chores, and general every day activities to accomplish, yet I simply cannot fully apply my focus to the aforementioned thoughts and tasks.  No, I'm distracted by the need to absorb the latest mystery in the life of Kiki Lowenstein and her fellow cast of characters!  

Where does the local Book Addicts Anonymous group meet?
Are you reading any good books right now?  What's your favorite old/new book series?  Have I tempted anyone into checking out this book series yet?  If so, check out the author's website for more details...  http://www.joannacampbellslan.com/

My week hasn't gone as planned so far, so I'm hoping to catch up on the blogs I read this afternoon!
Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melinda, getting lost in a book is always so nice! My fave series is the Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers. When I was a kid though I loved all the series books, like Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley.
    Enjoy your story. :-) Hope another one comes out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too loved Babysitter's Club & Sweet Valley books! :) I finished the book and it was excellent, just like her first 2.

    ReplyDelete