Monday, November 23, 2009

New Moon Monday Medley




My husband and I recently discussed the nature of my more recent blogs.  It was decided that I've hit a more serious note and need to liven things up a bit.  He had me 100% convinced of this when he started chanting, "Bring back the nerd! Bring back the nerd!"  Okay, he actually didn't do that... but I'm sure he wanted to.

For your reading pleasure, I have revamped the Frank Sinatra/Ella Fitzgerald classic Blue Moon, along with the intro of Just My Imagination by The Temptations.  Please enjoy my Twilight Saga: New Moon inspired medley.  * Spoiler Alert:  New Moon movie/book spoilers ahead!!!

New Moon Monday Medley

New Moon, he left her standin' alone
With still a beating heart, without a love of her own
New Moon, Jacob knew how to be there for
He knew Bells needed a man more
than the vamp who walked away from her door
And Edward suddenly appeared before her
The one with pale skin that's so ice cold
Bells heard Jacob whisper "please adore me"
And when with him Jacob was sunshine gold
New Moon Bella's no longer alone
With Edward still in her heart
With a wolf boy of her own
And then Alice suddenly appeared before her
"Edward's gone to the Volturi to die!"
Jacob didn't just whisper "please stay with me"
And when Bells left Jacob just phased to go
New Moon now Bella's racing alone
To get to Edward in time
Before he shows off his stones
(That's diamond skin people! Get your minds outta the gutter! Come on!)
New Moon now they're no longer alone
With the Volturi ticked off
They barely made it back home

*insert medley segway music here*

Each day through my wolf eyes I watch Bells as she passes by
I say to myself, "Your such a bloodsucker."
To have a girl like Bells
is truly my dream come true
Out of all of the monsters in the world
she belongs to you...

But it was just my imprintation
running away with me
It was just my imprintation
running away with me...

*Jacob phases out*



Yes, Bella belongs with Edward but I'm still Team Jacob!

What do you think?  Is this a hit or what?  Have you seen the movie or read New Moon?  If not, are you planning to?  Of course, I must ask...  Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Have a wonderful blessed week & happy Thankgiving!!!


5 comments:

  1. I haven't read the series yet. My tween daughter is interested in the saga a great deal, for that reason I think I will check it out.

    Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put it on Youtube..... why not you?!?!? I am a bring back the dork kinda gal too. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamika- I NEVER would have picked it up if it wasn't for my husband. I think it's a good idea to check it out before letting your tween read it. There are a few things that I am not sure I would be comfortable having my kids read at that age. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    MB- I enjoyed my dork-ness while writing this. The sad part is that I could have added so much more and warped so many more songs. LOL

    Diane- It may eventually find it's way to Youtube! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this was interesting and very informative, great experience i would say, still thanks a lot for sharing this with us.

    r4i

    ReplyDelete