Monday, June 22, 2009

Feeling Twitchy

I'm feeling "twitchy" tonight. It's one of those times in my life when my mind is in overdrive and not due to the creative writing skills I enjoy. Sadly, it's something that plagues my life and leaves me feeling irritated, frustrated, and just plain twitchy. I try to avoid this topic to the best of my ability but it's always there. There are people and situations in this life that tend to be unavoidable. Whether it's family, friends (or former friends), acquaintances, or random people that treat you with disrespect, are completely rude or mean, or just act completely crazy. That's where I'm at tonight... trying to deal with the people in my life that just don't get why I don't want my children to be a part of it. These people go out of their way to be hurtful to those that I love the most and do things that most people would never think of doing all while claiming how much they care. Frankly, they've proven countless times how untrue that is. It's sad, but it's fact. A lifetime of bad decisions by one person can cause a lifetime of therapy for others. No, I'm not in therapy but if I was it wouldn't be shocking after all the things I've dealt with. Normally I leave this deeply personal information out of my public ramblings, but tonight I'm taking a moment to publicly make a statement and say... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

1 comment: