Friday, September 25, 2009

Think Of The Happiest Things...



For some reason, it's easy to think of the negative things in our lives and we often struggle to see the good.  I think we all do this from time to time.  We feel burdened by these thoughts, big or small, and sometimes let them affect our day.  Life is not easy, simple, or perfect. We are meant to have challenges to help us grow and learn, if we choose to do so. It's important to remember these things as we begin to get overwhelmed.

This morning I woke up and I said a little prayer, asking God to help me think positive thoughts today.  At that moment, as I handed my worries over to Him, I felt a release.  My patience seemed to grow and the stress of the morning rush melted away. 

In the spirit of thinking happy thoughts, I would like to share a few of my blessings...

1.  My husband is my prince and the love of my life.  In him, my boys have a wonderful dad.  I'm grateful that my boys can see a marriage, while not perfect by any means, that is full of love and respect.  If you listen to Christina Aguilera's song The Right Man, it speaks volumes about how I feel on this topic.

2.  M & O bring me an endless amount of joy, laughter, & smiles!  To me, there is nothing more uplifting than a smile, kiss, hug, or "I love you" from one of my boys.  Another part of my heart was unlocked when these two came into my life.

3.  While growing up was no picnic, I am grateful I had an incredible mom.  When I see her interact with my boys today, I feel so blessed that they have the best Grandma in the world.  As a mother-in-law, she's very accepting, loving, and kind.  In fact, my husband loves her almost as much as I do.  We are very lucky to have her in our lives.

4.  I have great friends!  Over the years, I've been very blessed to meet and become friends with some wonderful people.  While we don't always agree on politics, clothes, cars, or other random things, I find such a great level of respect for my friends.  I have friends in various states and miss those who live far away a great deal.  To those special people I would like to add...  Thank you for always being there, even when you aren't here!

5.  Many members of my husband's extended family welcomed me without hesitation, at least none that they showed. *wink*  Although we live far away now, I was able to spend 6 years in Maine getting to know them.  For me, seeing 6 brothers and their families getting together, because they actually like each other, is truly a blessing!  Honestly, as much as I tease them, I am proud to be a member of the family. 

I only listed 5, but there are countless blessings in my life.  What are some of your blessings?

3 comments:

  1. I love the reminder to count our blessings! We can focus on the negatives so often, but I like to remember all of the good things too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MB- Friends & family are a blessing for sure!

    Jody- I think everyone needs that reminder once in a while. I know I do! :)

    ReplyDelete